To get in touch:
Email email@example.com or call Nik on 01 2965180
About The Business Case for Enterprise Content Management
As companies strive to create order from the chaos that has resulted from the unprecedented amounts of information they produce, enterprise content management (ECM) has become one of the fastest growing areas of IT.
This paper combines a wide selection of research from industry experts, and is designed to provide organizations with fact-based data points that reinforce the business case for deploying an ECM or document management solution.
Useful facts and figures
- 20% to 40% – the estimated time employees spend searching for the right documents manually. (Source: Coopers and Lybrand)
- 6x the value of the original is spent searching for lost documents. And companies that need to redo documents pay 11x more than the original cost of the document. (Source: Coopers & Lybrand)
- 33% improvements to customer service levels from customer-facing staff thanks to better access to up-to-date customer information. Over half (57%) estimating a 25% improvement or more. (Source: AIIM – Capitalizing on Content)
- 60% of new ECM users cite content chaos as the trigger for adopting ECM. (Source: AIIM ECM survey)
- 57% payback in 18 months or less has been posted by ECM users (Source: AIIM – IW: The Paper Free Office) and more than 400% ROI within five years for ECM adoptees.
- 41.2% reduction of your disk space could be allocated to unstructured content by using an efficient content management system. (Source: AIIM – Capitalizing on Content)